The first issue of 1 Granary was supported and sponsored by Comme des Garçons, the second was named “the most exciting student magazine in the world” and people like Nick Knight, Simon Foxton and Christopher Kane became our contributors. Issue 4 is the first time four of the world’s best fashion design schools joined forces: Central Saint Martins and the Royal College of Art in London, Parsons in New York and the Royal Aca demy of Fine Arts’ Fashion Department in Antwerp. Each tutor, student and creative involved aimed towards achieving a single goal: to share their knowledge, to support and inspire the young creative generation.
Both Comme des Garçons and Christopher Kane came on board to sponsor the new issue named “Does anyone stil l have fu n?”, which comprises 648 pages including:
- Fine art interviews with renowned artists Bruce McLean, Bill Woodrow, Jesse Darling, Nick Waplington and the most exciting recent graduates;
- The hottest young fashion design talent from all our colleges, including student sketchbooks, profile pieces and editorials;
- A special 100-pages Parsons project in collaboration with Webber Represents and photographers Marton Perlaki, Chris Rhodes, Daniel Shea, Maciek Pozoga;
- An Antwerp story including advices from Dries van Noten, a special shoot and long-read interview with Willy Vanderperre and Olivier Rizzo, a conversation with Jenny Meirens (co-founder of Margiela), and interviews with Peter Philips from Dior, Walter van Beirendonck and Etienne Russo;
- Business advices from Didier Grumbach ( Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture ), Cecilia Dean (Visionaire), Thomas Lenthal (System Magazine), Amanda Sharp (Frieze), Ed Filipowski (KCD), Jo-Ann Furniss (Arena Homme+, AnOther), Willie Walters (CSM BA Fashion course director), Sarah Andelman (Colette).
- Shoots by some of the industry’s most promising young photographers and stylists.
Some of our contributors for this issue are:
Willy Vanderperre, Nick Waplington, Andrea Artemisio, Mel Bles, Emma Wyman, Hanna Moon, Greta Ilieva, Hill & Aubrey, Victoire Simonney, Anders Sølvsten Thomsen, Jack Borkett, Alice Neale, Joyce NG, Marton Perlaki, Maciek Pozoga, Chris Rhodes, Benedict Brink, Marina Faust, Sophie Green, Hart+Leshkina, James Robjant, Rich Aybar, Maarten van der Horst, Daniel Shea, CG Watkins, Isabelle Wenzel, Vincent van de Wijngaard