Michel Haddi Studio
The Legend - David Bowie
BoutiqueMags.com supply some of the finest retail environments around the world.
- We supply a wide range of global stockists Including: art galleries, book stores, concept stores, clothing retailers, design studios, concierge services, museums, tailors, hotels and many more.
- We offer generous discounts and flexible terms.
- We offer exclusive products direct from the publishers that are only available through BoutiqueMags.com
- We promote your outlets and drive customers to your stores, both directly from ourselves and through our publishers.
- We use both paid and organic social media campaigns. We work with both publishers and retailers to help gain maximum exposure for titles and stores.
- We aim to work together to mutually generate trade between all of our trading partners.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to work with us. It's really simple to do and we will tailor make a bespoke package for you, to fit in with your business needs.
Tel:+44 (0)207 193 5966
Boutiquemags.com is a trading name of WhiteCirc Ltd
Company Registration No: 07358303. Registered Office: 6 Johnson House, Adelaide Road, Primrose Hill, London, NW3 3PS, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, the 90s I don’t recall the exact time, but what I can remember I am at home, in my studio in Venice Beach.
I am preparing some shoots for Vogue Hommes and
I get a phone call from Ingrid Sischy in New York asking me to photograph David Bowie for Interview Magazine.
Well as you can imagine I was ecstatic, my first proper record was an LP that my stepfather gave me following a visit to London: Diamond Dogs by Bowie and I still have it.
Anyway, I am with the production team, that includes Paul Starr for make-up and Kim Bowen for styling at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. An hour later, I see a man in a sharp suit, it is David Bowie.
I introduce myself and tell him that he looks like a fashion icon straight out of a Luchino Visconti movie. Bowie smiles and says he's very much into neo-realist Italian movies.
The most unnerving thing while photographing Bowie was his intensity of looking, his eyes with those hypnotic dual colors felt like he was looking right through me.
The shoot lasted an hour and I had a real blast.
In that time I tried to pay homage to Bowie through these portraits and indeed he looks like a character from Visconti's film Death in Venice.
Creative Director: Roberto Da Pozzo
Art Print collectors edition
Strictly limited to 500 copies. Each copy is signed and numbered by Michel Haddi
Copies will be available from Mid March 2016
Signed prints available upon request
Size: 45cm x 30cm
20 pages full bleed
Cover Galerie art gloss laminated 350gsm
Text Galerie art gloss 300gsm
Black and white duo tone throughout